- Over 1,37,000 people were killed in road accidents last year alone, that is more than the number of people killed in all our wars put together.There is one death every four minutes due to a road accident in India. This number is to be brought down to zero level.
- Indian Rescue Academy initiated a training program specifically designed to spread awareness on road safety. The Training Program called as First Aid for Riders (FAR) and has been developed keeping in mind the various possible circumstances which arise during a road side accidents.
The training was conducted on 3rd April 2016 by our Master trainer Anup Mirajkar at Aufside Sports Club and saw a tremendous response from the people around.The Riders from a famous biking group known as LORDSenrolled in for the certification course .
The training involved the followings topics –
- Safe approach and management of an accident scene
- Airway Management
- Injury Assessment
- Management of Head Neck and spine injuries
- Control of Bleeding
- Safe helmet removal in special circumstances
- Log Roll
- Improvised Evacuation Techniques
The course ended with a small closing ceremony and a big thumbs up for #LetsRideSafe initiative by Indan Rescue Academy.